Site Rules and Important Information
• Bookings are accepted only for the party named and are not transferable.
• When booking at Syke Farm Campsite, we do not allocate set pitches. We feel that due to the layout of the site its nice for you to choose where to pitch your tent.
• On arrival, please declare all family members, cars and tents and as tickets are checked daily. Tickets must be prominently displayed and for any discrepancies found, immediate payment must be made.
• The company reserves the right to cancel or terminate a holiday where the client has failed to disclose all the material facts as required.
• Campsite arrival times can be anywhere between 9am and 8pm, please contact if you are going to arrive any later.
50% deposit is required
• Deposits are non-refundable on cancellation.
• Cheques are only accepted for deposit payments. Please make cheques payable to (Syke Farm Campsite Limited)
• Showers are 50p for 5 minutes.
Payments/Deposits are non-refundable on cancellation, unless cancelling more than 14 days prior to holiday start date. However a £10 administration fee will be deducted from all refunds. It is recommended that you take out cancellation insurance to the value of your holiday.
Please read the following information before arriving:
Syke Farm Campsite is a laid-back campsite in keeping with the 'get away from it all' location.
As a result we do not tolerate drunk and disorderly customers. (which results in loud, abusive, aggressive and disruptive behaviour.) Any individuals or groups breaking this rule will be asked to leave immediately.
Damaged goods & Injury
We do not take responsibility any damage or injury howsoever caused, we do recomend taking holiday insurance to cover you.
Please note: Although Buttermere is a beautiful location, we can be hit by some bad weather so please check the forecast regularly and come prepared. We do not hold ourselves liable for any damage caused by bad weather.
Late Arrivals/ Early Departures
The site is quiet from 10:30pm, so out of respect for our other guests, we don't like late arrivals as it often causes disruption and complaints.
Anyone arriving after 10:30pm should be very quiet, and respect all other campers on the site.
Electrical Hook Ups
Syke Farm Campsite is a traditional camping site, which doesn't have electrical hook ups, there are sockets in the toilets and shelter if needed.
Dogs are allowed on site free of charge. We expect owner supervision at all times.
No mess and no dogs running around off lead for prolonged times.
Under no circumstances are dogs to be left in the tent while owners are off-site
(Dogs are allowed in the local cafe Syke Farm Tearoom and also in the Bridge Hotel).
We have plenty of 50p coins at Syke Farm Tearoom, but it is advised to bring your own.
We do not sell gas canisters for cooking, and in the past it has been problematic for people to purchase them in Keswick -so please bring your own.
Otherwise Keswick has many outdoors and camping shops for most anything else you forget.
Syke Farm Tearoom which is located 2 minutes away from the site, does a very popular breakfast in the mornings, campers are entitled to a £1 discount on certain breakfast items, please ask members of staff for more details.
Campfires / BBQ's
We don't allow open fires and campfires, however in most cases it is OK to have small raised fire pits and BBQ's as long as they don't, harm the grass. Disposable BBQ's are ok if they are kept off the ground. Please respect other campers by not making too much smoke and the fire too big. We also ask that you bring your own wood or buy wood from Syke Farm and DON'T break branches from trees.